The Warren United Church of Christ, an Open and Affirming congregation, strives to live our mission in everything that we do. We seek, in many ways, to be a light on a hill - for this community and beyond - affirming that God is still speaking, and working through our lives in mysterious and wondrous ways.
Learn to Lead
A Day of Training at Our Church, for Both Clergy and Congregants, to Lead Small Groups in General and Bible Study in Particular
Saturday, September 19th, 9-4:00
We live in a culture that has become Biblically illiterate, yet there are many people who want to know what the Bible is all about. Churches are floundering for lack of small group leadership in faith formation – the Bible being a cornerstone. Learning to lead a small group will bring new vitality to our church!
The Massachusetts Bible Society has a proven Bible study system that even those who know little about the Bible can learn to lead. In this six-hour workshop, you will:
· Learn the basics of leading a small group.
· Build confidence in leading a Bible study.
· Learn how to use as well as receive a free copy of course #1 in The Dickinson Series: Exploring the Bible.
· Practice the skills you’ve learned.
· Receive tips on recruiting your first group.
· Network with others who are learning to lead.
· Discuss ways to overcome the challenges of group formation in small, rural churches.
Leading a small group Bible study is easier than you think! The Dickinson Series material is succeeding where prior attempts at Bible study have failed. Click on the link below and see how you can get started in our church.
A classic New England country Church, our white clapboard meeting house dates from 1839 and is home to a remarkably energetic and diverse community of faith. We invite you to join us in worship, community and service and experience for yourself what we are about.
"No matter who you are or where you are on life's journey, you are welcome here."